Office Lighting/ Lighting Controls
Lighting provided from a source without reflection from other surfaces.
- Very energy efficient lighting.
- Well suited for zonal or accent lighting.
- Can create a vivid environment with attractive light and shadow patterns.
- The ceiling is relatively dark, which can cause a “cave like” environment.
- Can cause reflected glare on computer screens.
- Harsh shadows can be unflattering when cast on human faces.
Lighting provided by reflection usually from wall or ceiling surfaces.
- Creates a soft, tranquil environment suitable for concentrated work.
- Reflective glare on computer screens can be controlled.
- Displays human faces advantageously for social gatherings.
- Can be installed without disturbing the ceiling surface.
- It can be disturbing if the ceiling is the brightest surface in a room.
- Makes it difficult to recognise details on three dimensional objects.
- There is very little contrast in the room which can be boring.
- Not very energy effective.